Vehlo is on a mission to automate and accelerate the vehicle repair industry with software and payment solutions designed to help auto service teams acquire, service and retain lifelong customers. Our customers are auto repair and collision locations as well as new and used dealerships, where we provide management systems, payment services, communications tools, scheduling modules as well as accounting and finance packages. We operate in a high-growth, high-performance environment, growing +25% YoY.
What will you work on?
- Shop Boss, our automotive SaaS based shop management system
- Review/understand core PHP app, and suggest improvements and new functionality
- Modernize existing PHP pages:
- Help modularize common code into reusable Laravel classes
- Experiment with ORM vs SQL for data models with the backend team
- Templatize common HTML, CSS; experience with Blade, Twig, Latte a plus!
- Reduce or possibly eliminate redundant HTML, CSS, and JS code
- Work with UX Design Architect to make the UX and UI consistent
- Implement new features and integrations
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Significant experience with:
- HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, jQuery, Vue.js, and vanilla JS
- PHP, Laravel, REST API, and SQL
- Solid understanding of efficient UX, UI, and responsive design
- Experience developing large-scale, high-performance front-end applications
- Experience with common dev tools, including git, Bitbucket, JIRA, and Confluence
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and documentation skills
Are there any other requirements?
- At least 4+ years of experience suggested
- Fully remote position, but must be able to work within the PST time zone
- Provide non-proprietary and non-confidential sample(s) of your work if possible
- We are not able to sponsor visas